Our Mission is to provide our ground breaking Big History School courses to every student, in every school, in every country.
Global Sponsors are global leaders, committed to innovation that makes our world a better place.
Global Sponsors believe the transformative 21st Century Education of Big History School should be
available to students around the world, free, and online. Global Sponsors support the operation,
development, and expansion of Big History School.
Translation of Big History School courses into multiple languages is central to our global expansion strategy.
Our Priority 1 languages are English, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic, Portuguese, French, Mandarin, and Russian.
Providing Big History School in these eight languages will help students in more than 160 countries with a combined population exceeding 4.3 billion people.
Stay tuned for some exciting Global Sponsor announcements.
Big History School expands the minds of students with a journey from the beginning of the universe to modern societies, to show how everything is connected.
Big History School has a positive and powerful impact on students. Big History School:
- Develops the skills of critical thinking and information synthesis, both of which are essential for future employability
- Provides an interdisciplinary framework to understand complex real world challenges
- Develops an understanding of the process of collective learning which drives innovation
- Generates an understanding of our shared human history
- Enables students to think in a rigorous way about possible future trajectories.
Big History School powerfully complements existing curricula, helping students to understand the importance and meaning of diverse subjects across the sciences and humanities.
Big History School Education Partners include international education organisations, national education departments, state education departments, education system authorities,
and curriculum authorities. We cooperate with Education Partners to achieve a number of objectives:
Inform: Education Partners may wish to inform their schools about the free Big History School courses, to encourage teachers and students to make use of the resource.
Endorse: Education Partners may wish to endorse Big History School courses to assist schools to implement these new courses in a school environment.
Align: Education Partners may wish to map Big History School content to identify alignment with established curriculum.
Evaluate: Education Partners may wish to evaluate the impact of Big History School content on student achievement and engagement.
Our Development Process
We are excited to be working towards the release of the first version of Big History School, BHS Version 1.0. Creating BHS Version 1.0 has involved a number of careful phases:
- Development: In the Development Phase we designed and built the platform, courses, and learning resources.
- Preview Phase: In the Preview Phase we welcome feedback from partners, schools, and teachers to help refine and improve the completed courses.
- BHS Version 1.0: With the benefit of feedback from the Preview Phase, we will release BHS Version 1.0.
BHS Version 1.0 is just the beginning, and there will be future versions. Big History covers multiple disciplines and academic scholarship is advancing
rapidly in many of these areas. Macquarie University, the birthplace and home of Big History, is committed to maintaining Big History School
as the most current, comprehensive and accessible K-12 Big History resource for school students around the world.
We are launching with five English versions:
- English – Australia: Australian English spelling, and metric system of weights and measures.
- English – Canada: Canadian English spelling, and metric system of weights and measures.
- English – India: British English spelling, metric system of weights and measures, and both international and Indian
- English – United Kingdom: British English spelling, and metric system of weights and measures.
- English – United States: American English spelling, and US customary weights and measures.
Our Priority 1 Languages are English, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic, Portuguese, French, Mandarin, and Russian. These languages enable us to help students in more than 160 countries.
Each of our language versions will progress through our three phase development process.